Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend Money: Change a transaction's tax code after processing electornically

Partner

120Posts

86Kudos

2Solutions

120 Posts
Partner
Australia
New
New

Please update MYOB ASAP to enable tax code changes on spend money transaction that have been grouped with electronic payments.  You could do this with v19 and I think the early 2013 versions...  Please fix before EOFY.

Regards

Teresa Manning

PH 0417080044

"enable tax code change on spend money / electronic payment bank file transactions"

2 Comments
David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Teresa, @manning

You have never been able to change the tax code in v19 or earlier or v2013 on a Spend Money transaction when it has been used in an Electronic Payments group. you can make a change however to a Bill payment. 

If you need to change the taxcode on a Electronic Spend money then you must delete the electronic payment, change the taxcode and then reprocess the preparation of the Bank File. You do not of course resubmit the Bank File to the Bank. 

Alternatively you can reverse the Spend Money and then reenter it with the same dates and details but with the correct tax code. you will then need to go into the Prepare Elec payments and select the 2 transactions that will zero out and again prepare the Bank file. You will then have corrected the tax.

Cheers

David

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Sounds like a pain to me - would be better if you had option to change it without all the rework (even if we have previously not been able to).  I have voted.