Forum Discussion

TimBou
Contributing Cover User
4 months ago

Export Profit and Loss Report Columns Missing

Hi,

I have generated a Profit and Loss report for last financial year (2023) and chosen to compare the results to Budget.  The budget figures appear nicely on the screen (I am using the browser version) but when I export only the Total figures appear.  I know that this has worked previously when I generated the same report and exported it.  The same thing happens with both Excel and PDF format.  I experimented by choosing to compare to Previous Year, the figures appeared on the screen AND appeared when I exported.  Help!!

Thank you in anticipation...

32 Replies

VickiNZ
    Experienced User

I am having the same issue after the upgrade from MYOB Essentials - very frustrating!

MT1961
    Contributing User

Same issue for me, no budget comparison on export

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi VickiNZ and MT1961,

Thank you for raising your concern to us.

Could you please confirm if you're still experiencing issues? If it does, kindly share a screenshot of the reports. Additionally, it might be helpful to clear your browser cache before attempting to export the report again. Your cooperation is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Princess

RitaMay
        Contributing User

i have the same, my profit and loss only has budget on the screen but not on the print out

• Hi TimBou,

Thank you for your post.

It's unusual that the budget figures aren't exporting correctly in the profit and loss report. To troubleshoot this, could you please clear your browser cache and cookies, log out, and log back in before attempting to export the report again?

If the issue persists, kindly include screenshots of the reports so we can investigate further.

Please let me know if you require further assistance. 

Cheers,

Princess

AMAT1
      Contributing User

I am fed up with this. You keep making the same suggestions and nothing changes. How about fixing the problem. We are paying a subscription for this service and all you do is say clear the cache. Login incognito etc etc etc

What about fixing the problem we are all experiencing!!!

• Exactly the same issue is happening with one of our clients.  Has there been an update recently?

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Linda88,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community forum.

We've received reports of the same problem from multiple users and are actively investigating the matter. As of now, there haven't been any recent system updates that might have caused this issue. We're continuously collating information and will be sending this matter to the relevant team for a thorough investigation.

We will keep you updated on our progress, and once we have more information or a resolution, we'll communicate it promptly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,

Princess

WaggaSteve
        User

Returning to MYOB after 15 years overseas (but fairly experienced -50 years as a CPA plus used to teach MYOB including setting up the Chinese version for a client in Shanghai years ago).

Obviously things have changed in my absence but I am having trouble with a basic report: P&L vs Budget by month.  I cannot see how to get this in either the local or Web version and there is no Customise button.  using AccountRight 2023.11.0

Any help apreciated

• Hi everyone,

I hope this message finds you well! I just want to inform you that we've gathered a list of users experiencing a similar issue, and our team has promptly initiated a ticket to investigate it thoroughly. I'll be sure to keep you updated on our progress, and I'll let you know as soon as we have any news from the team.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to get this resolved.

Cheers,

Princess

VanF1
      Contributing User

Good morning MYOB community 

They fixed this issue and we can run the reports correctly.

Thanks

Bruce_Copland
      User

I am becoming more than annoyed by the delay to fix an essential report function.

Asking me to send a screenshot with our live data is completely unsatisfactory and against the very strictures at the head of this page namely "Posts made in the MYOB Community are publicly visible. You should never share any confidential information, such as your account information and/or your or your employees' personal details."

Something has been changed by MYOB as the export / printing of comparisons to a budget were working in previous months and it needs to be corrected - FAST.

Its nothing to do with clearing caches on local machines (which is a real inconvenience and especially as its not the solution).

When can we expect this to be repaired - or do we start publicising the fact that MYOB is broken and cannot be relied on to provide timely business reports.  Perhaps a letter to the Financial Review will get some action.

How about a daily update on the progress (or lack of progress) to all affected users,

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Bruce_Copland,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community forum.

I understand your frustration. The delay in fixing this essential report function is unacceptable. Our team is aware of the issue and is working diligently to resolve it. I want to assure you that we are prioritizing this issue and actively working on a fix.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue. We will keep you updated on the progress.

Regarding your concern about data confidentiality, we take the security and privacy of your account information seriously. Your trust is our top priority, and we want to ensure that your personal data is always protected. We will never request sensitive information, such as your account details, passwords, or any confidential data, in public. This is to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all MYOB and customer data.

If there's anything else I can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Cheers,

Princess

Tony4
      User

Why has this issue not been fixed Yet. I first reported it six weeks ago and it is still not resolved. Essential to being able to compare information. HELP!!!

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi everyone, 

We understand your frustration and I apologize for the inconvenience you've been experiencing. We have relayed all your information to the relevant team. They will get in touch with you soon. We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

Thanks,
        Genreve

VanF1
    Contributing User

I am having the same issue accross different clients and have cleared the cache as suggested , still have the problem.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi VanF1,

Thank you for your post.

We're aware that this issue is affecting several clients, including yourself, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience it's causing. We understand that clearing the cache without resolving the issue is frustrating. Please know that we have already raised a ticket with our team for investigation. We haven't yet received an update on the cause or timeframe for resolution, but we're actively pursuing a solution and will keep you informed as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime, if you have other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,

Princess

VanF1
        Contributing User

I was just wondering why this is not resolved yet , this problem is 3 weeks old now, I have clients needing reports.

• This is ridiculous.  I now have to manually enter for monthly reports where a quick export to excel should suffice.    Really not happy 

Stdeclans
      User

Ditto. I thought it was something I must have done wrong last month and I ended up entering the data manually. Very surprised it is a system wide issue that hasn't been fixed.

VickiNZ
        Experienced User

Have noticed this is now working for me today! Hopefully this has now been fixed for everyone.