Forum Discussion

608posterplus
Contributing Cover User
24 days ago

why the bill closed without payment

I found serval times happned below:

the invoice be closed without customer payment, why?  It's closed without payment, why? thanks if somebody know the reason and let me know

3 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi 608posterplus,

Thank you for your post. The status column shows the payment status of an invoice. An invoice won't automatically close unless it's fully paid. I suggest rechecking the invoice activity to confirm if payments have been made. Invoices stay open if they're incomplete and close when fully paid. For more details and instructions, please refer to the relevant article on viewing invoices.

Feel free to reach out if you need any more assistance. 

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

608posterplus
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Shella

Thank you for your respond. I just found your feedback after I posted one more this morning.

Please find attached.

The invoice dated: 15/04/2024

it's closed 25/02/2021

Both customer and I didn't credit this invoice.

could review and give me a feedback again please?

thank you for your time

Jill

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi 608posterplus,

Thanks for your response.

It’s unusual for an invoice to be marked as closed without a corresponding payment. It’s possible that there might have been an oversight with the payment entry, perhaps an incorrect date was entered. Let’s work together to find the underlying cause of this.

To further investigate, could you please check the payment transaction by clicking on the reference number and capturing a screenshot? Following that, generate a journal security audit report to find the invoice transaction and take another screenshot. This will help us check the user who created the payments.

Looking forward to assisting you further.

Cheers,

Princess