8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

New MYOB Payroll access for employees

One of our employees has downloaded the new payroll app.  (We have not had any advanced warning that we were moving to this platform,  just couldn't log into our old program and had to work it out)

This employee is not able to logini with his previous login details as it continuously comes back with a message saying there is an issue and to try again later.  Three days later he is still not able to log in and there is no one to call to get this sorted.  He needs to log his time sheets to get paid!@!

4 REPLIES 4
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Re: New MYOB Payroll access for employees

Hi @Satchmo09,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

Thank you for flagging this to us. We are sorry to hear that one of your employees is having difficulty logging into the account using the old details. In this matter, if you are referring to Your Pay for Old Essentials, which is linked to the old essential platform. It is not possible that you can log in using the old details on the new platform as we use MYOB teams on the new platform. When you download the app, you will need to set up the MYOB Team after you migrate to the old platform. For more information, you can check out this Help Article: Getting Started with MYOB Team - NZ

If you still need further assistance with this, or if you have other questions and concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again, or create a new post. Rest assured that one of our Community Forum moderators will be happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Satchmo09
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Cel

We did not have a choice to move to the new payroll system.  Our old one just disappeared without any notification from MYOB.  Frustrating would be a very mild word I would use.   No migrating the old system.  I don't have access to it to even bring over the previous staff pay records.  Not sure how our accountant is going to get the info they need for accounts.

To resolve the issue with getting our staff member onto MYOB team, your chat bot could not help with any payroll issues (yes it actually told me that) and that it would get someone to help then disappeared.

I searched the help menu for what I needed and nothing there was even remotely similar to what I needed.
We do not have a dedicated office person so to get this sorted I had to take time away from production.  It took over an hour searching and then I decided to just call Ace payroll as it was getting far too frustrating and pays (timesheets in particular) needed to be completed.

Moving away from support calls is definitely not in my view a suitable solution.  I could have gotten this resolved faster if MYOB had not made me search support notes for an hour just to find nothing that would answer my question.

Ace payroll support was able to help, thankfully and I WILL be using this avenue in the future to save me time and money.

On a side note; we will be looking into other payroll software next year that has the support that we require, from time to time, without having to search a database
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @Satchmo09,

Thank you for getting back to us and providing an update. 

We are sorry to hear about your experience. I understand how you felt about this scenario and totally understand the urgency of your situation.  That is not how we want our customers to feel. MYOB strives to assist our clients and give the best service possible. 

In this matter, we do apologize for not receiving any notification from MYOB regarding the update as the update is automatic. Customers moving from (Old) MYOB Essentials to MYOB (New) Essentials will only take their unprocessed timesheets in 2022. To ensure a clean starting point post-migration/upgrade, we advise our customers that before their first pay run, you need to allocate unprocessed timesheets to the appropriate pay item, and we are also advising that Your Pay will be replaced by the MYOB Team. If you do not wish to use MYOB Team, you can continue to process timesheets manually in New Essentials.  But we are glad to know that you have resolved the issue using the Ace Payroll. We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

If you still need assistance or if you have questions and concerns, please feel free to create a new post. Rest assured that one of our Community Forum moderators will be happy to assist you. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @Satchmo09,

We hope this message finds you well. We want to check back with you regarding your concern. If you still need assistance with this or if you have other questions or concerns, please feel free to create a new post. Rest assured that one of our moderators will be happy to help.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post