Forum Discussion

Jo8
Experienced User
8 months ago

New RSE Regulations

On the 1st of October 2023, significant changes are set to take place in the Recognised Seasonal Employer (RSE) scheme as to sick leave entitlements and minimum wage. Will MYOB have an upgrade for this?

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Jo8 

Thanks for reaching out.

As of now, we haven't heard of any separate upgrades to include the changes. However, I would like to inform you that I have raised your query with the payroll teams and will provide an update once I have the related information.

jenniek LynleyAveris would you like to provide any insights about these changes?

Cheers

Priya Selvaraj

jenniek
      Ultimate Partner

HI PriyaSelvaraj @LynleyAveris, Jo8 

The RSE minimum wages increases to 24.97 from 1 October - can't see anything that would need a payroll upgrade. Just need to increase minimum rate for employees affected.

jenniek
      Ultimate Partner

Hi PriyaSelvaraj Jo8 

Further - I have found information that new sick leave provisions that RSE workers will be entitled to 2 days sick leave from the day they start(after 1 Oct)  and +2 days every month until they reach their 10 day entitlement at the 4 month anniversay. However I can't confirm that this has actually gone into law. I'll post again when I confirm this.

Jo8
        Experienced User

There are changes to the sick leave entitlements :

"New Sick Leave Entitlement for RSE visa starting 1/10/2023: From day one of their employment, RSE workers will be entitled to paid sick leave. Employees will receive two days of sick leave on their first day of employment, then another two days every month from then, until they reach a total of ten days of sick leave entitlement four months into Employment.how can I deal with this in the payroll"

There are changes to the sick leave entitlements"

Does anyone have any idea on how I can deal with this in the payroll system?