SENDSMTPEMAIL is not found

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Central
1 Post
User
New Zealand
Central

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

SENDSMTPEMAIL is not found

Hi 

We have MYOB Payroll install in windows server 2012 R2 working in a terminal server enviroment.

We are getting the error 1734/Property SENDSMTPEMAIL is not found (See attached screenclip for more info)

This message occurs if you go to resend an individual payslip. Sending email when this payslip are first processed works fine,

The attached message pops up and then causes payroll to shut down.

Cancer MYOB email error.PNG

Cancer MYOB email error.PNG
10 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,846 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

20846Posts

2315Kudos

2906Solutions

Re: SENDSMTPEMAIL is not found

Hi @Central

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

This particular situation is something that we have encountered with the Payroll 2016.2 release, are looking into for the future. Currently the workarounds would be to use New Zealand Payroll 2016.1 release or using Outlook to send through those emails. 

From my understanding it currently is not something that has been included in 2017.1 release due out in the next week or so.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
actionit
3 Posts
User
New Zealand
actionit

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I'm running the same Environment Server 2012 R2 with Remote Desktop Services, we are getting the same error. Everything was working fine until the 2017.1 update. It appears the matter has not been resolved in 2017.1

actionit
3 Posts
User
New Zealand
actionit

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Have been on the phone with MYOB for four hours now, and still no resolution.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,846 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

20846Posts

2315Kudos

2906Solutions

Hi @actionit

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum,  I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

As mentioned in my previous post this is something that we have encountered with the release of 2016.2 and upon further testing does occur with Payroll 2017.1.

If you are needing to resend a payslip for an employee i.e. one via the Pay History and are on Payroll 2016.2 and later I would recommend selecting to save a PDF of that payslip. Once that has been saved manually attach that to an email to the employee.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
actionit
3 Posts
User
New Zealand
actionit

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

We publish the MYOB Payroll via RemoteApp. This requires Microsoft Outlook on the Terminal Server to email direct from Adobe Reader.

We do not have Microsoft Outlook on the Terminal server. The users don't have access to the Terminal Servers local folders. So they have to save to a network resource, then close open outlook and attach the payslip on their local computer. Payroll admin has to do this for over two hundred staff.

This workaround is not practical. Please, can an engineer address the issue at hand! This has been a problem for quite a while now, I spent hours on the phone with MYOB before, when you released 2016.2, to eventually downgrade back to 2016.1. I don't understand why this was ignored with the 2017.1 release.

vaibhavjain
3 Posts
User
New Zealand
vaibhavjain

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi there,

I am also haveing same issue? have you come to any consclution?

kind regards,

VJ

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,846 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

20846Posts

2315Kudos

2906Solutions

Hi @vaibhavjain

Sorry to hear that you are encountering the same issue.

As mentioned this something that we have encountered with the Payroll 2017.1 release (did originate in the 2016.2 version). At this stage the workaround would be to print to PDF or send to PDF before attaching to an email to the employee.

Please note: In testing it is only the reprint of the payslip that this message does appear, payslips generated through the Process Pays option are not affected.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Experienced User krispy
21 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
krispy
Experienced User

21Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Just to register that we are also having this same issue since updating to 2017 payroll.  Our MYOB payroll is on a hosted server.  We cannot reprint payslips, and the program annoyingly has to be exited every time we try to do so.

vaibhavjain
3 Posts
User
New Zealand
vaibhavjain

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for that. So are you guys working to fix it? because my payroll person is not happy at this stage as she has to do it manually for so many staff.. 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post