Forum Discussion

SJ_22
User
9 months ago

Unable to email invoices

Error message appears when emailing invoices "one or more fields contain a trailing space" I've checked the invoice, email template, email address and still not able to locate the issue. Clients have been waiting for weeks for their invoices - Bring back the old version!!

8 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SJ_22,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to send your invoices. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response. To fix this issue, you will need to check your email defaults by clicking the Email Defaults tab on the Sales Settings menu. All the email default messages will need to be checked for the following: 

- Special (non alphanumeric) characters 

- A space as the first character in any fields 

- A space as the last character in any fields 

You'll need to click into each field and scroll right to the very end of the message to check for any spaces as the last character. 

Please do let me know how you go on this. 

Regards, 

Earl 

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi tabstrategic

Thanks for the response. 

In my understanding, you are having the same error message (as SJ_22) when emailing invoices. May I confirm if you already checked the Sales setting > Email defaults tab window for any of the following?

• Special (non-alphanumeric) characters.
        • Spaces in the first character in any field.
        • Spaces in the last character in any field.

We look forward to your response. 

Thanks,
        Genreve

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Samcart,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear that you were having issues when sending your invoices. And my apologies for the late response. Are you encountering an error message each time you attempt to send an invoice? If so, please reply to this thread of the error message that you're getting.

You can also visit this help article for troubleshooting: Email troubleshooting

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
      Regards,
      Earl

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SJ_22,

Just want to follow up if you're still having this issue? If so, feel free to post again and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl