payroll final pay not closing

swift
3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

payroll final pay not closing

hi

I am trying to close several employees with thier final pay, they are temps we no longer use. We pay holiday pay on a weekly basis so there is only a zero balance to finish.. The payroll program does not appear to work with a zero balance

5 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,073 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand

Re: payroll final pay not closing

Hi @swift

Have a look on the maintain employees screen on the leave details tab for each employee - if there is a balance owing in the Hol Pay owing box - you may find it is only .0001 cent if you have paid out the hol pay as they went. Clear this balance and you will be able to go into the employment details tab and put a finish date in the field there. If there is an actual  balance owing - then you need to pay this out to finalise the pay.

You may find nothing owing on the leave details screen, therefore just enter in the finished date - you do not need to run a pay to do this.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
swift
3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

Hi,

Ther were 4 out of 7 with with -.004 balance but it still won't allow me to do a final pay when I enter final pay and date it it asks me if i want to clear finish date and reason.

I am putting in the date they finished which was months or a year ago.

Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,073 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand

Hi @swift

If you have already put in the finished date, then you don't need to do a final pay unless you still have money to pay out.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
swift
3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

Hi Jennie,

When i file the ird report it still has there names on the report no pay  on them,  and they still appear on the enter pays window.

Dave

Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,073 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand

Hi @swift

The IRD report files one more month with their names and should include the finish date - this advises IRD that they have finished with you. Then they should drop off in following months. So because you haven't paid them in awhile, there is likely to be no earnings showing - but should have a finished date?

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post