Forum Discussion

Kithkin
Experienced Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

Cannot log in

Hi,

I cannot log in to my AccountEdge. The attached message appears each time. Have checked that the data file is where it should be but cannot even get to that point.

• Hi Kithkin

That message would tend to appear if the connection to the datafile is being interfered with or dropped in some way.

A common issue I have found is when using Wireless Networking, as the connection is generally slower and more susceptible to trouble. You can find information about this on our support note here: AccountEdge Network Edition and wireless networking

As a result, we do recommend a proper cable connection to work on.

Though as you mention the issue occurs each time, I would be checking to see if anything is interrupting the connection. Such as an aggressive anti-virus that is checking the software and preventing the connection.

That being said, it may also be a problem with FileConnect on your computer. It might be worth running through the steps in this support note: Unable to locate host computer with AccountEdge Network Edition

Please let us know how you go.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Haydes
    MYOB Product Team

Hi Kithkin

That message would tend to appear if the connection to the datafile is being interfered with or dropped in some way.

A common issue I have found is when using Wireless Networking, as the connection is generally slower and more susceptible to trouble. You can find information about this on our support note here: AccountEdge Network Edition and wireless networking

As a result, we do recommend a proper cable connection to work on.

Though as you mention the issue occurs each time, I would be checking to see if anything is interrupting the connection. Such as an aggressive anti-virus that is checking the software and preventing the connection.

That being said, it may also be a problem with FileConnect on your computer. It might be worth running through the steps in this support note: Unable to locate host computer with AccountEdge Network Edition

Please let us know how you go.

Kithkin
      Experienced Cover User

Hi,

Yes we had just installed a new anti-virus program which was pretty thorough.

Solved now.