Forum Discussion

5 years ago
Solved

Edit old entries

Hi.  Is it possible to edit and correct old entries in MYOB?  For example, I have an outstanding balance due for a bill I entered a couple of years ago.  The card (supplier) should have been "NO GST", however GST was added to the bill and although the bill amount has been paid in full, the GST is still showing in MYOB as an amount outstanding.  I am able to open the old bill and view it, however I'm not able to edit and correct the bill.  The bill appears to be locked as it is for a previous financial year.

• Hi CarolineP 

With AccountEdge you cannot edit prior year transactions. So will need to come up with an alternative way to clear the invoice. For example if $20 is outstanding, you could create a service invoice for this customer for -$20 and then apply the credit against the sale to close it. 

You should probably discuss how to do this with your bookkeeper or accountant. The original BAS may have been incorrect and there may be other factors to take into account when deciding which accounts/tax codes to use for the credit invoice.

Regards

Gavin

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi CarolineP 

With AccountEdge you cannot edit prior year transactions. So will need to come up with an alternative way to clear the invoice. For example if $20 is outstanding, you could create a service invoice for this customer for -$20 and then apply the credit against the sale to close it. 

You should probably discuss how to do this with your bookkeeper or accountant. The original BAS may have been incorrect and there may be other factors to take into account when deciding which accounts/tax codes to use for the credit invoice.

Regards

Gavin