Forum Discussion

3 months ago

Suspicious email from MYOB <myob.donotreply@myob.life>

I have recieved an email "(First Name) has invited you to work online with MYOB AccountRight" from email myob.donotreply@myob.life however I I am not expecting this invitation and I do not recognise the email domain MYOB.life as one used by MYOB.  Apart from that the email looks to be authentic. 

The "I accept" hyperlink is copied below (XXXXX section removed for security).  I take it from the link that the email is not genuine and should be deleted. 

https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pcs/click?adurl=https://shorturl.at/XXXXX

3 Replies

Hannah_V
    MYOB Moderator

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, James_I. It's concerning to hear about the email you received from myob.donotreply@myob.life inviting you to work online with MYOB AccountRight. We appreciate your vigilance in analyzing the authenticity of the email, especially considering the unfamiliar domain.

We can confirm that MYOB does not use the domain "@MYOB.life" for official communications. Please be reminded, if someone sends you an invitation to collaborate on an online file, the content should resemble the format outlined in our Help Article FAQ's here.

Your safety and security are our top priorities, and we take reports like this seriously. Rest assured, we have already informed our support team about this issue.

Once again, thank you for letting us know about this suspicious email. If you have any further concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best regards,

Hannah

James_I
      User

Hi Hannah

Thank you for the quick reply.  Would you like to private message me your contact/support email details so I can supply a copy of the email received?  

Regards

James  

Hannah_V
        MYOB Moderator

Absolutely, feel free to send me a private message including the content of the email you received James_I, that would be helpful. I'll ensure it's reported to our support team promptly. Your vigilance is greatly appreciated!