Forum Discussion

SVatRV
User
11 months ago
Solved

New Year Budget

Hi,

I need to enter the new FY (2023-24) budget in the system now. How can I do that without closing the previous FY (2022-23) - I am not able to find any options in MYOB AccountRight

• Hi SVatRV 

Thank you for your post. And Welcome to the Community Forum. 

I understand that you wanted to enter new financial year budget without closing the previous financial year. As for this matter, in AccountRight there is no harm in entering data in the current period. The financial year can be closed or rolled over at a later state, and should only be done once the previous year is finalized. 

To start a new financial  year, you can Go to the File Menu>>Choose Start a New Year, and then Start a New Financial Year. The start a New Financial Year Assistant appears, follow the prompt. 

Feel free to post again if you need further assistance with this. 

Cheers, 

Cel

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SVatRV 

Thank you for your post. And Welcome to the Community Forum. 

I understand that you wanted to enter new financial year budget without closing the previous financial year. As for this matter, in AccountRight there is no harm in entering data in the current period. The financial year can be closed or rolled over at a later state, and should only be done once the previous year is finalized. 

To start a new financial  year, you can Go to the File Menu>>Choose Start a New Year, and then Start a New Financial Year. The start a New Financial Year Assistant appears, follow the prompt. 

Feel free to post again if you need further assistance with this. 

Cheers, 

Cel

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SVatRV 

We just wanted to follow up on your concern. We simply wanted to ensure that we addressed your issue correctly. And if you require additional support with this, or if you require assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to post again. Alternatively, you can send us a Private Message. We are delighted to assist you. 

Thanks, 

Cel

SVatRV
      User

Hi there,

Yes I was able to resolve the with the help of what you told me plus other documents available online.

I do have another question though - I am not able to export a csv file (for the budget) from the online version of AccountsRight. Can you maybe help me with that.

Thanks for all your help till now.

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi SVatRV 

Thank you for getting back to us and providing an update on the issue. We're really glad to know that the issue has already been resolved.

And in this regard, on exporting CSV file (budget) from the online version of AccountRight. You could look at exporting the budget from the AccountRight sample file under File >>Import/Export Assistant>>Export Data>>Accounts>> Budgets.

You can check more information in Help Article: Import and Export fields and using an import templates. 

Let me know how you get on with this. We're happy to assist you further. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks, 

Cel