Forum Discussion

10 months ago
Solved

Wrong financial year in MYOB Business

I just started using MYOB Business at the beginning of this current financial year 2023-24.  I have been working on the platform for only a week and today I noticed that I  have somehow started a new financial year from 1 Jul 2024 to 30 Jun 2025.  

I have searched the forums and have a terrible feeling I may have to start a new account and start again, which is not a problem but would like some advice before I attempt to do this.  

Thanks

Summer

• Hi Summertime1

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community Forum. 

Sorry to hear about your financial year. Unfortunately, there is no way to roll back the financial year using the software. My recommendation is to create a new file while you still have less work done inside the file with the wrong financial year. I understand how this gives a big inconvenience, but this is currently the only option. 

In the meantime, if you need any other assistance feel free to let us know. 

Thanks, 

Genreve

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Summertime1

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community Forum. 

Sorry to hear about your financial year. Unfortunately, there is no way to roll back the financial year using the software. My recommendation is to create a new file while you still have less work done inside the file with the wrong financial year. I understand how this gives a big inconvenience, but this is currently the only option. 

In the meantime, if you need any other assistance feel free to let us know. 

Thanks, 

Genreve