Forum Discussion

NickyS1
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Paid an employee with 2 payments - rerun doesn't record split payment transactions

Hi,

I did a payrun recently where one of the employees had an incorrect amount of tax withheld.  They are under 18 & should have had no tax deducted from their pay but I didn't notice this & paid them the net amount.  After finding my error I reversed their pay & reran it, setting the tax withheld amount to 0 & then paid them the balance they were owed.  During this 2nd payrun I forgot to set them up with a split pay so the transaction recorded had the full amount instead of the 2 amounts I actually paid.  So, as per instructions from similar posts, I reversed this again, set up the split payment & then reran the payrun.  When I downloaded the bank file (to record the payment transactions but not actually pay again), I could see the aba file had the 2 split payments.  However, when I went to match the first bank transaction amount, only the total amount (sum of the 2 split payments) was available for matching.  Any suggestions on how to get past this?

Thanks

Nicky

• Hi again

so you have the payrun in the bank in myob 

I am assuming that this payrun transaction that  you have sitting in the bank account in MYOB reflects the correct payroll amount in total

eg $2150 in total but the bank statement has two transactions eg $2000 and then the additional 150

and to match the transaction seems impossible as there is only the one payroll but the two transactions 

if that is correct I suggest

match the payroll transaction with the first payment and on the right hand side you can do an adjustment ( in purple)

allocate the difference to the payroll clearing account ( set this up if you need to)

so you  match the $2000 payment in bank feeds with the payroll transaction and then add the adjustment as payroll clearing account with a minus $150

then when the $150 needs to be allocated assign it to the payroll clearing account

the myob payroll transaction is reconciled and the payroll clearing account cancels each other out

hope that I have properly understood and this suggestion helps

Lisa

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi

What you are trying to do is match 2 payments in the bank

SO what you want to do is two separate aba files to be able to match

So just delete the electronic payment with the two together and redo individually , then they will match

Hope that helps

Lisa

NickyS1
      Experienced User

Hi LRBooks61 ,

That would only work if the 2 amounts appeared in the 'Prepare electronic payments' list, or did I miss something?  Ony a single amount appears there so I don't have the option to download separate aba transactions.

Please let me know if I've misunderstood your suggestion.

Thanks

Nicky

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

Hi

what I mean is you have two withdrawals for payroll from your bank

the first for the original payroll with the incorrect pay for $xxxx

then you have another with the additional payment for the PAYG Of $XX

so you should be preparing two aba files

the original which will match the first payment 

and the second should have the corrected pay of the underpayment, made up of the transaction you actually paid 

I am not sure what you mean by the split payment , but if you reversed the pay and then redid with the correct amount then the reversal and the correct pay should equal the correction and you should be able to create an aba transaction in the bank for that and match your bank

Hope that clarifies what I mean

Lisa