Prepare BAS /IAS in AccountRight Desktop

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sadeta
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Prepare BAS /IAS in AccountRight Desktop

Hi does anyone know if MYOB is adding or not adding in the new financial year in the normal desktop to prepare your BAS Statement ? Have tried to do my BAS for July but it keeps referring to 2022 when I've selected the 2023.

I do our BAS on a Monthly basis.

Is it only in the Web Browser now?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Sadeta 

2023-08-01 12_58_50-Pioneer Valley Water Co-operative Ltd - MYOB AccountRight.png
3 REPLIES 3
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,393 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,393Posts

116Kudos

271Solutions

Re: Prepare BAS /IAS in AccountRight Desktop

Hi @Sadeta

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! Sorry to hear that you were not able to work on your BAS for this month. 

In AccountRight software, you are able to work your BAS for three years (Last Year, This year and Next year) without rolling over your financial years. Can you please check in your system under Setup >> Company Information.

Secondly, if you are unable to prepare BAS for July period as you have all the three years open, then depending on the version of AccountRight you are using you can "Close a year" from the File menu and prepare your BAS. Once you have completed you can "Roll back a financial year" from the File menu and enter the adjustments as per your accountant's suggestion. To be able to do that you need to be the Administrator of the file. 

Please do let me know how you go on this.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Sadeta
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Earl

Thanks for giving me some insight. I've gone into the Company File in Setup and says current financial year 2022, Conversion Month March 2016, accounting period 13 and  last mth in financial year : June

I have only been in this position since March last year so I am not sure as I have never come accross this before in other businesses. I have the latest version MYOB AccountRight as I keep it updated.

I have emailed my accountant to see if he can shed some light on it. I need to see him before I can close the year off as he has been entering data for some new files.

Thanks Sadeta 

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,393 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,393Posts

116Kudos

271Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Sadeta 

You're welcome, Please do let us know if you have further queries and we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post