Sum of Balances under Detail accounts not adding up to the corresponding Group Account

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
alagmuthu
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Sum of Balances under Detail accounts not adding up to the corresponding Group Account

I added a  new Header Account 1-1180 and moved the previous one as a Detail Account 1-1181.  Also added few more new Account Numbers from 1-1182 to 1-1189.  I expected that all the values from 1-1181 to 1-1189 will be summed up to 1-1180 on the Balance Sheet.  But to my surprise, except 1-1181 other new entries were added to 1-1140.  1-1180 and 1-1140 are at the same level on the Account List!

If anyone  has come acorss this issue and found a solution, please share.

2 REPLIES 2
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Sum of Balances under Detail accounts not adding up to the corresponding Group Account

HI @alagmuthu 

If possible it might be worth adjusting the account 1-1180 to be a next level from 1-1140, as well as the accounts that you’d like to sum up to that account. This should force AccountRight to total those accounts accordingly. Once they are then you could look at moving the accounts up a level.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

alagmuthu
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Sum of Balances under Detail accounts not adding up to the corresponding Group Account

Thanks Neil for the swiftly response.  You did give me a good idea to play around.  I had to make 1-1140 as a Detail account and move the 1-118* entries to one Level up. After they were nicely reported under 1-1180, could move back 1-1140 as a header account agai

Thanks again.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post