How Account Right interacts with existing Accounting software

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Tom395
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

How Account Right interacts with existing Accounting software

I am needing help to understand how AccountRight will interact with my existing accounting program, it is a custom built software. I need to be able to transfer my data across, would this be possible or would I need to start fresh?

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: How Account Right interacts with existing Accounting software

Hi @Tom395 

We are working on an improved conversion service that will migrate the data to our products. This is currently in the final stages of implementation. Check out Move to MYOB for more information.

In saying that, if the software you have been using is custom-built software it is unlikely that the conversion service would migrate that data. However, the way I see it you do have two options:

• Work a date to take the current card and account balances as at. You can then that information into a new company file in AccountRight using the Setup>>Balances or Easy Setup Assistant.

• Provided that the software can export the data in a suitable format you can export that out and then import that information into an AccountRight company file. Please note: This is can be a tricky process, especially if you haven't used the Import and Export function in the past.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post