How to rename your file for the new financial year

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KB1971
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

11Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How to rename your file for the new financial year

Hi guys,

I've just rolled my financial year, following the prompts, but am confused as to why I cannot re-name the file to appear in my library?

Under the old software I was able to save my pre-roll over file (into, say a 2018-2019 file, and create a duplicate that I could then re-name 2019-2020 and update) which woudl allow me to easily tell which financial year/file I am opening/using. 

I can't see a way of doing this in the new programme, and I can't find any help topics related to this.  With the new 'library' system, all I can see is the old names -  so I now have no idea how to tell last financial year vs this financial year with them havign the same name.  I guess I'll have to restore the old file until I can work out how to not overwrite that with the new year information.  Super frustrating when I like to keep each year filed away separately in case there is an issue.

Any advice would be most appreciated.  Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,039 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,039Posts

919Kudos

640Solutions

Re: How to rename your file for the new financial year

Hi @KB1971 

AR2019 uses windows based files in exactly the same manner as v19. And those files can be managed in the same way as all other windows based files - assuming your file is not online.

The 2 main differences are the file location and the file extension. Use the Company Data Auditor to see exactly where your current company file is located (or where your Library is located). Close MYOB. Go to that location using a Windows explorer, rename, copy as required.  Take care to avoid file mixup.

When opening the renamed file in AR2019, do not use the Recently opened list, use Open instead. Select the file you want.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
KB1971
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

11Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: How to rename your file for the new financial year

Thanks Gavin, I ended up speaking to someone at MYOB as I wasn't sure how to locate the library files. All solved. Though I still find it odd that when you roll over the year you don't get some kind of prompt to rename the file and save to the library so that your old information and new information are both safely stored. I would have thought that woudl have been a no-brainer for MYOB. Either way, I managed to re-store and re-save, then duplicate/change name and then re-roll. Yay for me.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post