On line vs stand alone

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AMJ1
Experienced User
27 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

27Posts

0Kudos

3Solutions

On line vs stand alone

I am still working on  a stand alone scenario. I cannot upload payroll deatils to the ATO (This is now for a week)  Do I have to be on line  to be able to do my work?  I am very hesitant to be "online "  given the Optus scenario....

Could you please let me know  what your expectations are in solving my upload issues ?

3 REPLIES 3
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

165Kudos

162Solutions

Re: On line vs stand alone

Hi @AMJ1 

You are not alone in your concerns however, The Optus security breach needs to be put into a perspective that this forum isn't the place for.

I have clients from 12 years ago who are only just getting to accept the need for putting their file online - and that the security around this is a whole lot different from the aspect of the Optus breach.

For just some perspective - the place you keep your local file and protect it with lightweight passwords is a whole lot less secure and open to a whole lot of likely security breaches than a secure online facility offered by MYOB - and no I am not saying that it isn't without risk - there is no such thing as 100% security - but most businesses "so called local environment is extraordinarily open and never gets audited"  - 

And a fortress like structure that offers perfectly securiity just attracts vulture hackers to try.

It is a balance - from my perspective of being in this environment for over 35 years - and that internet computing and data storage is common place - putting your file online is a very good security consideration to the problems of storing it locally. Also, a high proportion of security breaches are insiders!!

However, to your problem - no your file does not need to be online for STP I - and payroll reporting works perfectly (well untill 2022.8 - there is a problem).

However, from Jan 2023 when STP II becomes compulsory - your file must be online for STP II to function.

The Doc

IhateMYOBupgrad
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

I can't work out how to send you a private message! lol would really like to talk to you about going online. Could you please contact me?

AMJ1
Experienced User
27 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

27Posts

0Kudos

3Solutions

thank you, I accept this - but what do I do with uploading the payroll - since there is a problem with the last update ...................

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post