Time billing - Activities

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Greeneagle1
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Time billing - Activities

Hi All, 

I am trying to set up Time Billing to track employees' time spent by job.  It is for internal info only but I want activities allocated for tracking.

I am setting up the Activities List but am unsure as to what Income Account I select.  Do I create a new Income Account and a new Liability Account and journal at month-end to ensure we're not double counting or do I simply select the Income Account we use for Sales?

Appreciate your thoughts. Harriet

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Time billing - Activities

Hi @Greeneagle1 

When setting up an activity the user would be prompted to enter an Income account. This income account is used when that activity is selected for a time billing invoice. - the transactional line amounts will be coded to that account.

Capture 3.PNGCapture 4.PNG

As with any query relating to which account I should select, we do recommend that you speak to an accounting advisor about the best account selection for your needs and reporting.  However, in your case, it sounds like you are not going to use that activity on invoices (possibly only for activity slips). If so, you could in theory select any account you wish to use.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post