Forum Discussion

Hayes
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Winding back business - moving to a cheaper subscription....

there doesn't appear to be a forum that fits this topic.... so...

I have wound back my business substantially since 2022.... i have gone from a number of employees to being a one-man band... and now do not require any payroll functionality, only entering activity slips (with job detail) , creating invoices, paying bills, recieving payment for invoices, P&L reports and BAS functionality.

I am currnely on Accountright plus - but the recent MYOB email announcing price hikes made me realise that given my now reduced requirements, i could probably be on a far cheaper version. 

Based on this - https://www.myob.com/au/pricing - MYOB lite will suit my needs.... but im just seeking clarification, as the devil is in the detail.... and knowing MYOB, it wouldnt surprise my if activity slips or jobs were not supported or some such.

Since all the contact stuff drives me away from actually being able to speak to a person - i am asking here. Hopefully someone can help out/verify - thanks.

• Hi Hayes 

This product comparison chart outlines the features of AccountRight Plus compared to the MYOB Business product suite. 

In saying that, to directly answer your question, MYOB Business (Lite or Pro) does have jobs but it doesn't have any of the timebilling functionality i.e. no activity slips.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Hayes 

This product comparison chart outlines the features of AccountRight Plus compared to the MYOB Business product suite. 

In saying that, to directly answer your question, MYOB Business (Lite or Pro) does have jobs but it doesn't have any of the timebilling functionality i.e. no activity slips.

Hayes
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks for the clarification - thats the type of detail i was after.

Its hard to justify the full cost of MYOB now that i've wound back - so its disappointing that basic functionality isnt available in the cheaper options.