Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Email message character limit increase

Partner

6Posts

67Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Partner
Australia

Being limited to approximately 256 characters for invoice and statement Email Message text is not friendly. I would like to include a lot more detail in the Email message area for statements and invoices. 1000+ characters would be nice. 

Another feature that would be nice would be to have; 30 day, 60 day and 90 day Email statement templates (email message content). i.e. when performing a statement run if you have a 30 day, 60 day and 90 day template in the system, any clients with monies outstanding in the 90 day column automatically receives the 90 day email template, people with monies over 60 and under 90 get the 60 day email template etc. Obviously the 90 day template would be informing the client that we are about start getting very nasty. 60 day template would signify that we are terminating services, and 30 day template would be requesting that the account be paid promptly. 

"Email message content + Email statement templates"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2018

Hi Everyone

We are pleased to announce that with AccountRight 2018.1.1 you can enter up to 4,000 characters for email messages sent by the Enter Sales window. This coincides with the character limit for the To be Email tab message of the Print/Email Invoices window and the email default message that can be set.

You can see more information about this change and others in AccountRight 2018.1.1 now available

29 Comments
Julies10
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

Morning,

Is there a chance of increasing the allowed space in "Message" field for when emailing invoices to clients?

My apologies if this has been asked and solved previously.

Thanks

Julia

MikeSCF
2 Posts
Cover User

I agree...should be more area to right comments etc. when sending reports to Directors, Banks, Suppliers etc. Especially, it would be nice to be able to attach various Reports to the one eMail from within MYOB.

Ido
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi

I found that while emailing invoices directly from MYOB ARL there is a limited number of charecters i can use for the message. it would be great if that is extended so I can get a proper email message typed with my quotes and invoices sent.

thanks

Ido

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Hi Ido, thank you for your feedback. Could I please confirm exactly where you would like the character limit increased? From 2011 onwards we have increased the character limit for email messages to be up to 4000 characters to allow these sort of details to be added in smoothly. This Idea posted has the details of what has been done already: http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Default-Email-Message-Character-Size-Limit-E... If you are looking at a different section please do just let us know the details and we will look into this further for you.
Ido
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi Matthew

when I'm in a sales window I click on "SEND TO" and select Email

a window is opened where I can edit all fields in the email to be sent.

I found that in the message text box I have a limited character count so need to choose my words. This prevents me from detailing any info in regards to a quote or invoice

just counted 255 characters.

how do I get to the 4000 characters email?

Will_H
MYOB Moderator
2,587 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Hi Ido, Thank you for the clarification. That screen is currently using the older limit of 255 characters. To send emails with a full 4000 character limit for the email right now, please use the Print/Email Invoices screen at: Sales command centre > Print/Email Invoices. We'll look at changing this in a future release. If anyone else is affected by this, can you let us know by voting on this thread or give your feedback by commenting here?
Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your suggestions Mick, we would be happy to look into them for potential additions to AccountRight. Users who would like to see these added, please keep voting and comment on which of these you'd like added and for any feedback on them.
SpiderDan
5 Posts
Cover User

Yes please increase the character limit from the "Send to" option from the active invoice.

This drives me absolutely crazy! Why is there such a small limit?

loulou1970
2 Posts
Cover User

It's difficult to keep on track with clients that have overdue invoices and keep them within terms.

MYOB has the option of placing terms on clients accounts, why could we not utilise this further and have emails generate out to those clients, with the invoice concerned a day prior to due date. ( A reminder email of payment due).

We should also have the option of customizing the email (template) so it is business specific.

This would certainly help with account control.

Thanks

Lou

interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

I agree, this will definatley speed up the process and help automate debtor control.