ABA file error message how to fix it?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
cbot1
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

ABA file error message how to fix it?

I have prepared an electronic payment file to pay a series of invoices and when I try to upload in the bank its rejected ith the error message "line too small. Expected at least 120 characters but 45 found"

I have deleted both the file in the bank transaction journals and the payment records and started again multiple times and I keep getting the same error when I retry uploading a new payment file in the bank.

How do i fix this ?

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Re: ABA file error message how to fix it?

Hello @cbot1 

Welcome to the Community Forum.

Can you please clarify if this error is coming from the AccountRight software or if this is an error popping up from your banking portal?

If it is from your banking portal, I would suggest speaking to your bank's support as to why it will not accept the ABA file when it has worked previously. 

The only additional support I would suggest before deleting and recreating the ABA file would be to try clearing the AccountRight Cache. This can be done by following the steps on the linked forum post.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

cbot1
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

thank you for your reply. The bank was unable to assist. I the broke up the batch payment, creating several batch payments with only a few invoices in each (very time consuming!) and it appeared to be one invoice creating the problem. I was unable to determine what it was about the payment of this particular invoice that was creating the issue and had to pay it directly. 

When I opened the original ABA file containing the error, I could see that for the invoice that created the problem it was splitting across 2 lines rather than sitting on 1 line like all the other invoices. 

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @cbot1 

Thank you for providing an update on the situation. 

I'm glad to see you have managed to identify the issue causing this to be one of the invoices. Is it possible that you have screenshots of the error for the invoice so that I may investigate? 

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post