ATO Error Message

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ED02
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

ATO Error Message

To Whom it may concern

Dear MYOB

I have 10 people whose PAYG information has been accepted with errors by the ATO for the 2021 2022 taxation year.

Recently the ATO  sent an Email indicating that some of our employees have not been finalised and states that all 2021 2022 STP data needs to be finalised through our STP enabled software by the legislated due date or immediately if the due date has lasped.

Due date was 14/07/2022.

I have tried all the fixes that MYOB forum MYOB live chat so far have offered as a solution but I cannot resolve this issue. 

I am a competent MYOB user with an accounting qualification but the error message CMN.ATO.GEN.XML03 is beyond my ability to resolve. Surely a large and powerful accounting company such as MYOB can come up with a true fix to this error. Phoning is a useless exercise as many operators with this problem can verify. One wonders why we still subscribe to this product.   

The ATO email states that if you are unable to finalise your STP data using your software you will need to take additional action to meet your employer obligations.

This requires providing all employees with a payment summary ( on ATO accept form only ) and lodge a payment summary annual report with them. This is unacceptable and an archaic step backwards.

MYOB development department should be working on a solution 24/7 and get it to the users of this accounting software asap.

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
ED02
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: ATO letter - Employer unfinalised STP reports

Yes because all accepted with error employees do not have there Gross wages and PAYG prefilled in MyGov  All information sent to the ATO was correct but my terminated employees came back with ATO error code CMN.ATO.GEN.XML03  I have not been able to fix as yet

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Re: ATO Error Message

Hi @ED02,

Thank you for your post. 

I have assisted several users with the same issue and have managed to resolve it with the following steps:

Firstly, you would need to unfinalise the affected employees > Reactivate their employee cards and delete their termination dates > process a $0 pay run (dated 30 June 22) > check to see if the $0 pay run was Accepted or Accepted with errors in STP. 

If it was Accepted, please refinalise those employees in small batches of 1-3.

If the report was Accepted with errors, there may still be a field in the employee card with a special character that cannot be used, or the field has been left empty. 

Let me know how you go with the above. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

ED02
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: ATO Error Message

Dear Sam, I have tried your solution many times and was able to have 4 peoples information accepted by the ATO I have no idea why these employees were successful and not the others. I belive it is probably the procedure I used.  i.e remove STP termination  Unfinalise. MYOB remove termination date activate employee run individual zero pay for employee then finalise. They still come back as accepted with errors. Very frustrating and a lot of work. Surely the ATO has accepted the YTD information for these employees therfore should prefill from their end. Today I will ring the ATO and see what can be done about this before I attempt the fix you have suggested once again.

Thank You

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post