Account Codes for Payroll Transactions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MyAccountsHat
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Account Codes for Payroll Transactions

Hi All 

Sorry, more questions here.  I've asked this (part of) question before but I'm not sure I phrased it correctly so hear goes again.

We're on cash accounting, as such I don't want any of the payroll transactions to show up on our bank account transaction account until I'm ready to reconcile the account - because future transactions do affect the account balance even if the reconcilation screen only shows a list of transactions for the month I need to reconcile i.e. I want to reconcile the bank for January 2019 but I have payroll transactions for Febuary 2019 on the Bank Account 'account' throwing the January reconciliation balance out - therefore can I use the 1-1230 Payroll Clearing Account to record all payroll transactions and then transfer the transactions to the bank account once I am ready to do the bank reconsiliation for that month?

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
IanChait
Ultimate Partner
1,443 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,443Posts

268Kudos

231Solutions

Re: Account Codes for Payroll Transactions

Hi @MyAccountsHat

What are you referring to? The post dated transactons will not be included in the Bank Reconciliation. However, you can use a Clearing Account for the payments, and then on the due date, open them and change to the bank account, or post the payment to the Clearing Account.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

MyAccountsHat
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Account Codes for Payroll Transactions

Thanks, Ian 

That answers my question.  However to clarify my point - and maybe there's an issue with my setup - it's my experience that if there are any transactions posted to bank account forward of the period I'm trying to reconcile MYOB tells me that my reconciliation doesn't balance even if the reconcilation screen only includes the transactions for the period I wish to reconcile.  I unfortunately I can't screengrab to show you what I mean graphically at the moment as my reconcilations are up to date and I don't have any future transactions posted to the system at present. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post