Annual Leave paid to employeein error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
wendyb3
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Annual Leave paid to employeein error

Hello,

I just completed the payroll and the staff's pay has been processed in AccounRight.

I just received an email from a staff member who told me they didn't apply for a  annual leave day last week and would like to pay back the money and receive her hours returned to her annual leave accrual.

What is the best way to handle this situation? Can the staff member keep the money and I deduct it from the next pay. Clear steps to fix the issue please.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wendy Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Annual Leave paid to employeein error

Hi @wendyb3 

Thanks for your post. If the employee is paid the same rate for annual leave and normal hours the amount paid would be the same. If that is the case, you could record an adjustment pay to transfer the hours from the annual leave to the base hourly payroll category. The net amount should be zero and make sure no leave accrues in that pay:

ala.PNG

If the amount paid was different and or leave loading was paid you can deduct the overpaid amount from the next pay run by following the steps in this Help Article: Fixing a payroll overpayment or underpayment

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post