Annual leave not deducting from entitlements

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
sandra123
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Annual leave not deducting from entitlements

Hello, I'm having issues with annual leave entitlements not being deducted when a staff has taken leave.

For example, one employee just took 3 weeks off and should have 4hrs of A/L remaining but its not being deducted in MYOB and we are having to manually adjust. 

We have checked the linked wages category, tried different categories and run $0 payroll with no change occuring to the entitlement balance. This has only happened in the last quarter, as all leave taken in December was deducted from the balances. 

My only thought it that it has something to do with STP phase 2 and the ATO reporting categories, but my issue is within MYOB and not payroll reporting. 

Does anyone have any insights before we go through every staff member and manually adjust for Jan-April?!

AL deductions.png
5 REPLIES 5
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

485Solutions

Re: Annual leave not deducting from entitlements

Hi @sandra123 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

To work out why annual leave is not reducing the leave balances, the first thing we check is the setup of the entitlements. Go to >> Payroll >> Payroll Categories >> Entitlements >> click on Annual leave accrual >> the link wage pay item should be link in one wage pay item (Annual leave pay). See the example below:

Within the wages payroll category is the option Automatically adjust base hourly or base salary details, enabling this option for a wage payroll category will reduce the base hourly or salary amounts of the employees when the category is used. To enable this option go to Payroll >> Payroll Categories >> Wages >> select the pay category (ex. annual leave pay) enable Automatically adjust base hourly or salary details >> click OK. See the example below:

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

sandra123
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello, thank you for your response. The box is already ticked!

Here's a screenshot of the Annual Leave payroll category - I believe the settings haven't changed in the years I've been doing the payroll here (not something I have had to look at before, but we haven't had this issue before!)

Capture.PNG
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

485Solutions

Hi @sandra123 

Thank you for the response , could you send me a screenshot of the entitlement category information also, so that we can check what is the link wages in your annual leave entitlements.

Cheers,

Princess

sandra123
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello, here is the requested info:

Capture2.PNG
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

485Solutions

Hi @sandra123 

I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner. We need to double check the payroll categories, because the possible cause of entitlements not being deducted is the set up of the categories. If this doesn't work, please send me a Private message to further assist.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post