Bank reconcilation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
grantp
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank reconcilation

When reconciling my bank account I found that for one of the payroll entries, when I made the physical transfer I underpaid by $30. So the MYOB entry is correct but the bank statement is $30 short.

How can I fix this so I can reconcile the period?

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Bank reconcilation

Hi @grantp 

Thanks for your post. If you transferred the underpaid $30 to the employee in the same reconciliation period you could manually reconcile the payroll transaction with the two bank transactions in the Reconcile Accounts window. You would need to hide the bank feed transaction by right clicking the transaction and selecting Hide.

If you transferred the underpaid amount in a different reconciliation period I would recommend reversing the original pay and reprocessing so that the net amount is the actual amount paid. Then process a separate pay for the underpaid amount and transfer that to the employee. This help article has detailed information on this: Fixing payroll overpayments or underpayments

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

grantp
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Tracey

They were in 2 differnt periods

I did do the reveral and re-entry but that has create a new superannaution liability. I had already processed the original super so now need to figure out how to fix that.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @grantp 

This help article has information on how to deal with that super liability: Reversing and reprocessing super payments

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post