Bonus/Commission Payruns not showing in EOFY Finalisation Totals

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Lizzyha
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bonus/Commission Payruns not showing in EOFY Finalisation Totals

I have moved to STP Phase 2.  I have processed two Bonus/Commission Payruns and the amounts from these payruns are not showing in Single Touch Payroll reporting EOFY Finalisation Totals .

• The balances in my Payroll Activity and Payroll Register Reports are correct, match, balance and include the two Bonus/Commission Payruns. 
  • My ATO Reporting Categories are set up correctly. 
  • Nothing is set as Tax Exempt. 
  • The amounts sent to the ATO are correct and include the two Bonus/Commission Payruns.
  • When I check the ATO, the balances are correct and include the two Bonus/Commission Payruns.
  • I have even asked a couple of the staff to check their MyGov ATO balances and they are correct and include their bonus payments.

Is there another step needed to include these Bonus/Commission Payruns in the Single Touch Payroll reporting EOFY Finalisation Totals?  Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Bonus/Commission Payruns not showing in EOFY Finalisation Totals

Hi @Lizzyha 

Thanks for your post. In STP Phase 2 Bonus payments are reported separately in the YTD verification report under the Bonuses and Commissions ATO reporting category, not included in Gross payments as they were in Phase 1. 

If the Bonus payments do appear under the Bonuses and Commissions ATO reporting category in the YTD verification report they have been reported to the ATO correctly.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

harta
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for your response to this post, it is very helpful.  Can you please confirm that the same treatment will apply to Overtime and Other Paid Leave under Phase 2 reporting? 

I can see that myself and many other community members are coming across this issue and are wasting so much valuable time trying to find the answer and ensure we are reporting correctly.

I think this is a topic MYOB need to be communicating to the wider community! A big change in reporting that the current EOFY guides are not highlighting or providing any guidance on. 

Lizzyha
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for your response. I think I understand now not to process pays using the period type ‘Bonus/Commission’ if you require those amounts to be included in the STP EOFY Finalisation Total Report.

But…things just got stranger! I reversed and reprocessed a pay for ONE employee to fix an incorrect annual leave allocation. I then checked their Gross Amount on the STP EOFY Finalisation Total Report and it now INCUDES the missing amount that was processed via the pay period type ‘Bonus/Commission’! Yet all other employees are still missing that amount in their Gross Amount on the EOFY Finalisation Total Report. Their balances are still correct everywhere else. 

I am tempted to reverse the last payrun and reprocess the last pay run for all other employees to see if it fixes this for them too.  Would you suugest I try this? Thanks!

Lizzyha
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

UPDATE:  I to reversed the last fortnighlly payrun and reprocessed. All the missing data from the pay that was processed using 'period type Bonus/Commission' has now been included in the STP EOFY Finalisation Total Report (Gross and PAYG balance) and has is now also included in each employees YTD Summary Report (Gross and PAYG SGC ). Huzzah!

Hope that helps anyone who is pulling their hair out trying to figure out why data is missing from their YTD Summary Reports or EOY Finalisation Report.  Check if you used 'pay period type Bonus/Commission'.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Lizzyha 

Great to hear you resolved your issue, thanks for letting us know.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @harta 

The post, What's different in STP Phase 2 reporting, has detailed information on this and can be found in EOFY FAQs and Resources 2022 on the Community Forum homepage.

Just to clarify though, this isn't a change in how YTD amounts are reported in STP. The YTD verification report and Summary of payments report pull the YTD amounts from the employee card and filter according to the ATO reporting categories. The difference is that there are more ATO reporting categories in STP Phase 2.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

clearbear28
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

I currently have the same issue.  When I am in the below screen the gross amounts do not include bonuses/commission amounts but when you go in to the YTD Verification report they are there.  If I click finalise and notify ATO will the total amounts be reported or not? It's not quite clear from the posts here.

I would rather not reverse and re-do pays as we have several months where bonuses were paid, or would it only have to be one pay? Would that particular pay have to have bonuses for all those who have been paid them across the year? Having never had to reverse a pay before, is replicating it again a simple process or does it have to be done from scratch ie re-entering any leave from that month as well?

MYOB2.jpg

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @clearbear28 

It's the YTD verification report and Summary of payments reports (EOFY finalisation tab>>click on the employee>>View report) that is sent to the ATO when you finalise STP so you need to make sure the Bonus amounts are reporting correctly in those reports. If they are and all other amounts are correct you can finalise.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post