EOFY Finalisation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Valy
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

EOFY Finalisation

Hello,

I have run the Payment Summary report in Account Right and the YTD total for Wages, Super, PAYG & Salary Sacrifice all match the YTD Verification Report on STP Reporting.  However, the “Gross Payments YTD” amount (located in the top right corner of EOFY Finalisation screen) doesn’t match.

After going through each employee’s Summary of Payments on the EOFY Finalisation page and calculating all the Gross Payment Amounts together, they do total the Gross Payments figure on the YTD Verification Report.

I have checked the ATO reporting categories, and this is what is assigned in the system. Are these not assigned correctly?

Annual leave Pay – Other Paid Leave

Annual Leave Loading – Other Paid Leave

Base hourly – Gross Payments

Carer/Sick Leave Pay – Other Paid Leave

Overtime 1.5x, 2x & 2.5x – Overtime

Remote Onsite Allowance – Allowance – Other

Unused Annual Leave – Lump Sum A – Termination (This used to be assigned to “Other Paid Leave”)

There are 4 terminated employees who were paid their final pays (unused annual leave) with the Category “Other Paid Leave”.  If this isn’t correct, how do I fix these, so they are assigned to the Lump Sum A - Termination category? Please help.

Could this be the issue of the gross payments not matching?

If somebody could please get back to me asap as I really need to finalise these before my next pay run on 12th July, I would be grateful.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,449 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,449Posts

182Kudos

388Solutions

Re: EOFY Finalisation

Hi @Valy 

Thanks for your post and Welcome to MYOB Community Forum.

Sorry for the delay in response.

If the YTD Verification Report doesn't match the Payroll Summary Report is because all the wages that are reported as Gross Payments will only show in YTD Verification Report. Under the EOFY Finalisation tab, against the employee name, there are three dots there that will show the Individual Summary Payments as the breakdown of other pay items that are not reported as Gross Payments. If you add these Gross YTD to the Verification Report, everything should match. 

Also. regarding what ATO Reporting Category to assign for each pay item, it is best to speak with your accountant or financial advisor as we are not permitted to provide financial advice. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post