EOFY payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
raybookkeep
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

EOFY payroll

Hi guys,

We have a new business started in April 2022, we processed payroll in MYOB however we just setup the STP reporting this month, so ATO does not have any information about our payroll in FY2022. 

I'm wondering how can I process the EOFY Finalisation for FY2022 in MYOB now? Can I make a $0 payroll on 30/6/2022 and then finalize the payroll? By doing that, will ATO receive our total payroll in FY2022? Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: EOFY payroll

Hi @raybookkeep 

Thanks for your post. You're correct that processing a $0 pay sends the YTD amounts to the ATO. However, if you set up STP in July you won't be able to finalise STP for the 2021-22 financial year. The ATO don't allow you to lodge STP for financial years prior to when it was set up. 

From a software perspective, you can lodge payment summaries from AccountRight by going to Command Centre menu (top bar)>>Payroll>>PAYG payment summaries. I'd recommend checking with the ATO about how income statements need to be lodged.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post