Employee Card Error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BooksForBiz
Partner
26 Posts
Partner
Australia

26Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Employee Card Error

MYOB is doiong my head in ... I'm starting to agree that Xero payroll is SO much easier.

I am tyring to edit an employee's card details and MYOB keeps shutting down. 

The error message indicates that there are 2 employees with the same employee ID but I have exported all employees and check - this is not the case - VERY ANNOYING and not at all user friendly.

Any assistance would be appreciated - Error log attached.

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Employee Card Error

Hi @BooksForBiz 

We do have a script that we can run over the company file that has aided other users with the same situation. So we can arrange for the necessary script to be run over the company file would you mind confirming the following information:

• Where the company file is stored i.e. online or local
  • What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
  • What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight

Just on a side note, the error has been linked to the Add Payroll Category button in the Pay Employee window and in particular, the Save changes for future pay runs option. My recommendation to limit this message from occurring in the future is to:

• Ensure that you have the latest payroll categories link to the employee prior to the processing the pays
  • If you do need to add a category to an employee mid-pay run, add that category but ensure Save changes for future pay runs is unticked. Once that pay has been added, go into that employee's card to add that payroll category.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

BooksForBiz
Partner
26 Posts
Partner
Australia

26Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Good morning Steven,

The file is online – Last 4 digits of serial number is 4874.

We have had this issue before and I can assure you that if a payroll category was added to an employee card during a payrun the ‘Save Changes’ preference would definitely not have been ticked.  I don’t even know why it is there if it causes these issues.

Thanks for your help.

Debbie

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @BooksForBiz 

All run for you. If you have been using the company file around the time of this post do ensure that you close down and reopen the company file before trying to open that employee's card.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

BooksForBiz
Partner
26 Posts
Partner
Australia

26Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Steven.

I also have another issue with the order payroll categories appear on the payslip - there is no order!

I am happy to send you one but do not want to upload here for provacy reasons.

Are you able to assist with this??

Debbie

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @BooksForBiz 

We are aware of a situation in some company files that the printing payroll categories in an unusual order on payslips. Typically, this does tend to be based on Record ID i.e. the order in which the categories were created, however, I've seen some other sorting being used instead of alphabetical or a more logical sorting. This is something that has been raised with the required team, as yet we don't have a solution timeframe for that one.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post