Encountering Error when attempting to register for STP on a new data file

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SergC
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Encountering Error when attempting to register for STP on a new data file

Hi,

I have recently started a new data file. I am having some problems linking to STP1. I am following the steps 

* payroll window - payroll reporting - 'get started' in the pop up window - online activation - error (I have attached screenshots of the last 3 steps).

After also checking on the community forum I saw it could be out of date system requirements, but I'm running the latest update of Windows 10. I am using an Edge browser, not Chrome.

I already have pay runs entered that haven't been reported to the ATO, so don't want to let it get out of hand.

Can you help me to link my new data file to the ATO?

Thanks,

Screenshot (35).png
Screenshot (36).png
Screenshot (37).png
3 REPLIES 3
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Re: Encountering Error when attempting to register for STP on a new data file

Hi @SergC

Thanks for your post. Before selecting get started in the browser, can you please click on the business name on the top right hand corner of the browser. Once selected can you go to Payroll settings > Once in Payroll Settings please make sure a default super fund has been selected and click save. Any other details should be updated if necessary.

Once you've done this, can you go to Payroll > Payroll reporting centre. Does it work ?

Do let me know how you go. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

SergC
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Melisa,

I did have a super fund in the default field already. I went through the tabs and updated everything. Still didn't work.

Just adding some more information - I have recently closed two data files and started a new one (this one). We changed business structure (family partnership to a company). I still see my old data file names hanging around. I had single touch payroll on the old files. It was easy to link to.

Screenshot (38).png
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi @SergC

Thanks for checking and the information provided. Can I please confirm if you have employees created in the file ?

If you do, can you please send me a private message with your product serial number and business name so I can investigate further. 

Update: Script was run over file to resolve this

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post