Entitlement set-up

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Baiju
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Entitlement set-up

How do I assign a wage category to Annual Leave Entitlement when accruing leave. It by default coming up as "Wages Expense" account. But I need to change it to "Annual Leave Expense" account.

2 REPLIES 2
Baiju
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll Entitlement set-up

Hi, I need to know when accruing leave, how to assign it to a different expense account (Annual Leave Expense Account) . It by default coming up as "wage expense account".

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Entitlement set-up

Hi @Baiju 

Thanks for your post. Typically, leave is not allocated to an expense account until it is paid, as such, it's not possible to link an account to Entitlement accrual payroll categories. If you want the paid leave to be allocated to a leave expense account you would need to select that account in the Annual leave Wage payroll category by ticking Override Employee's Wage Expense Account and choosing the applicable account.

If you are tracking leave as a liability you would need to set up a liability account and an expense account and link the liability account to the Annual leave wage payroll category. Then record General Journals to update the accrued liabilities.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post