Fail to report to ATO when reverse the pay

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Ashley5
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Fail to report to ATO when reverse the pay

When I reversed the pay as directed by: https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Changing+a+recorded+pay#Changingarecordedpay-reverse

The message box regarding STP didn't show up and I failed to report the reversal to the ATO(i.e. enter the name of the Authorised sender and click Send)

I don't know who to deal with this situation.

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

165Kudos

162Solutions

Re: Fail to report to ATO when reverse the pay

Hi @Ashley5 

STP takes care of itself actually - when you delete/ reverse a pay (which is a deletion) no the Report to the ATO box doesn't come up I believe - however, it doesn't need to.

The next time you do a pay for this person - the YTD, allowances and Super figures, PAYE get reported to the ATO - and individual pay periods are not logged by ATO.

Yes it is a bit counter-intuitive - but this example sort of gives you the picture - if you start STP 1 week before the end of the financial year - you only need 1 pay advice to go to the ATO for them to get the entire YTD Gross, Allowance, PAYE Total and Super total for that staff member.

Make a wrong payrun and send it to the ATO - doesn't matter - delete and run a new payrun - and send to ATO - figures will be correct.

The Doc

Ashley5
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi The Doc,

Thank you for you kind reply.

Does that mean the next time when I run the pay, STP would upload all the payroll information to ATO (not just the pay at that moment)

As what I'm afraid is that if the reverse is not lodged to ATO, there would be duplicated payroll showed on their report when I run the correct one the next time. As from the instruction, the box does appear but in reality it doesn't. I don't know where I did wrong.

Ashley5

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

165Kudos

162Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Ashley5 

STP is not a payslip reporting facility i.e. the ATO is not interested in how you got to the total just the total - you could make 6 payruns in error for a staff member - it is only interested in the Gross YTD, the PAYE total - Allowances and Super.

So the answer to your last is yes - and to flush the system report to ATO - if all things in MYOB is correct is to send a zero pay for a staff member and you actually send it - -lodge it.

The Doc

Ashley5
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi The Doc

Thank you very much. It does help.