Help! Annual leave accrual

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DJDPL
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Help! Annual leave accrual

Hi everyone,

I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to.

I have 2 employees that were hired under permanent casual terms. One was hired in 2020 and the other in 2019. We have now made these 2 employee's full time permanent (changing their status from casual to fulltime & permanent in the "personal details" tab) and I am having trouble getting MYOB to accrue annual leave, personal leave and making MYOB record the leave on the pay advice slips.

At a glance it appers that all relevant settings have been selected under the "personal details" > "payroll details" tab and also in the "entitlements" tabs in employee cards when comparing them to our existing fulltime employee cards. However, when completing a pay run I am finding that their personal and annual leave amounts are not being recorded on their pay advice, even though the "print on pay advice" boxes have been ticked. Is this because there is no leave calculating and as a result, there is no leave to show? It should still show a provision for this even though there is a zero balance, I thought?

I have run an "entitlement balance" report and have found that both employees are showing leave accrued this way. Why would it not show under the "entitlements" tab?

Both of our workers took personal leave this week, so after completing the pay run I decided to run another "entitlement balance" report and it has now shown that one worker took 8 hours of leave and the other one has no taken leave recorded. Both cards are set up exactly the same. Any ideas?

I hope that this makes sense, it is hard to explain!

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Help! Annual leave accrual

Hi @DJDPL 

Thanks for your post. The most common reasons for leave not accruing are:

1. wrong calculation basis for the employee type - if the entitlement is set up as % of Gross hours and the employee is Salary leave won't accrue as no hours are paid to salaried employees
  2. calculation is set to user entered
  3. wage category is exempt from calculations - in the entitlements category>>click on Exempt and make sure the wage category has not been ticked

If you continue to have problems with this please send me the following screenshots in a private message:

• pay transaction for one of those employees
  • entitlements payroll category set up including Exempt window

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post