Hours to be assigned to jobs

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Fiona291
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Hours to be assigned to jobs

We are using AccountRight and have our employees set up with a Salary as opposed to Hourly Rate. We are trying to do some job costing, so trying too allocate various hours to a job, however we cant do timesheets when the employee is on a salary. Any suggestions on how I can record the hours to the job?

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Hours to be assigned to jobs

Hi @Fiona291 

Within the Pay Employee window when processing an employee's pay you can directly add in the job number to an amount. Alternatively, if it needs to be split across jobs select the ellipsis button in the Jobs field to bring up the Allocate Jobs window

Capture 3.PNG

Capture.PNG

TIP: If it's the same single job each pay that you wish to allocate the value to add it to the Standard Pay of the employee - Card File>>Cards List>>Payroll Details>>Standard Pay. Adding it to the Standard Pay will treat that as a default so it would appear each time you process the pay, it can be changed at the time of recording if you need a different value for an individual pay.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

aimscott8
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Hours to be assigned to jobs

I found this question and reply very helpful, thanks.

In addiition to this allocation of salary, in my business, we want to actually record the hours the salarised employees actually work against jobs.

I have attempted to do this but each option I have taken doesn't work without affecting the payroll directly ie adding the hours to the salary amount.

Is there anyway to get around this.

For example our salaries are based on 80 hour fortnight, however, employee often work more than the 80 hours.  If they work 16 extra hours for example, we want to allocate the expense the entire 96 hours worked against job(s) but do not want this reflected anywhere in payroll expenses.

Thanks kindly.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post