How to extract PAYG Summaries

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SWI-Accounts
Experienced User
55 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

55Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How to extract PAYG Summaries

Hi Team,

I realise that MYOB has remove "close payroll year" from the system.

I just wondering if we still can export PAYG Summaries in the updated system?
We are currently using MYOB Accountright 2021.3

Thank you.

Regards

Tommy

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: How to extract PAYG Summaries

Hi @SWI-Accounts 

Payment summaries can only be produced for the current payroll year that you are in. As such, if you have entered a pay on or after 01/07/2021 you would be in the new payroll year and thus the Payment Summary Assistant would show you data for that new pay year.

If you are wishing to produce those older years' payment summaries it would be a case of restoring a backup of the company file prior to entering that pay in the new year. You can restore a backup of the company file via File>>Restore. Our Help Article: Restore your company file would be able to offer additional assistance in regards to that.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

SWI-Accounts
Experienced User
55 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

55Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

Thank you for your reply.

But i still not find solution from your answer.

My question was how to get the PAYG summaries extracted?
Because before the "close payroll year" removed, the PAYG summaries extract function will be in here.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @SWI-Accounts 

Payment Summaries can be prepared for your employees through Command Centres>>Payroll>>Prepare Payment Summaries. This will guide you through the process of setting up the payment summaries fields and ensuring you have the necessary information. You would also be able to print/email out those payment summaries through that process for your employees. Our Help Article: Prepare payment summaries has more information on that process.

Capture.PNG

As has been indicated, payment summaries can only be produced for the current payroll year that the file is in. If you have entered a pay in the new payroll year, it would have updated the year so that process would be reporting on the new year value. If you are needing an older payroll year then a backup would need to be restored.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

SWI-Accounts
Experienced User
55 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

55Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

Thank you for that.

Is there any other way rather than restore the back up?
As we are doing our back up every monday, and it has been 4 days since our last back up.

There are too much data has been entered now.

Regards

Tommy

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @SWI-Accounts 

When was your last pay in the previous financial year? Do you have a backup of that file on that day (or before your next pay)? If so, my advice would be to restore that file locally on the computer to produce those payment summaries i.e. File>>Restore and select to restore that file into a library on your computer/network - ensure that you give a new filename to the restored file. This will allow you to produce your payment summaries in a backup of that file while not impacting your current company file. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post