Long Service Leave calculations

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Advocacy
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Long Service Leave calculations

Can anyone please steer me in the right direction to look, as to why some employees are not accruing LSL.

We have all the employees set up the same, yet I have 5 who are not accruing LSL leave,  but I definitely have the box ticked. I recently had to do a manual calc for the accountant for EOFY for these employees, as they are all over 5 years of employment. 

Thanks M

8 REPLIES 8
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Long Service Leave calculations

Hi @Advocacy 

Thanks for your post. Without specific information it's hard to tell exactly what's causing this. One thing to check is the calculation basis and the Pay Basis of those employees. If they are salary and the calculation basis is set to Equals % of Gross Hours they won't accrue LSL because they don't get paid any gross hours. In this situation you would need to create a separate entitlement category for your salary employees.

If that's not the issue can you please provide screenshots of the entitlement payroll category and a pay transaction for an employee who is accruing LSL. Please make sure you remove any sensitive information from screenshots prior to posting on the forum.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Advocacy1
Experienced User
47 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

47Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

I will have a look and that and get back to you with screen shots if that is not the issue, thanks\ you M

Advocacy1
Experienced User
47 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

47Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

We do not have any staff set up as salary, all are on hourly rates, I have attached for you how they are set up, and what is excluded. You can see one of the people not cacualting is set up same as one that is....out of 60 staff 4 are not cacualting.  Very strange, thanks for any assistance you can give. 

Not caculating.jpg
LSL.jpg
Excludes.jpg
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Advocacy1 

Thanks for those screenshots. They are a bit small to see clearly, if you use the Microsoft snipping tool and only snip the information we need it makes it much easier for us to see.

Can I get you to send me screenshots of a pay transaction where LSL hasn't accrued? Make sure you remove any sensitive infomration before posting on the forum, you can do this when you create the screenshot using the snipping tool.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Advocacy1
Experienced User
47 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

47Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

Happy to send you that, see attached, however, we do not have LSL ticked to show on pay advices....is there something eles, that I can send that would help? I have also attached set up. 

Pay not caculating.PNG
Set Up.PNG
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Advocacy1 

Perfect screenshots, thanks so much for that. There's two 'parts' to any leave including LSL, they are the wage part and accrual part. In the employee card>>Payroll Details>>Wages tab you tick the LSL wage payroll category. This is the payroll category you use when you pay leave and appears in the wages section in a pay transaction:

lsl.PNG

lsl2.PNG

Then you have the entitlement accrual part. In the employee card>>Payroll details tab this is in the Entitlements tab. When you tick the leave in this tab it appears on the payslip in the Entitlements section:

lsl.PNG

lsl2.PNG

Looking at your screenshots the LSL entitlement accrual is not on the pay transaction which indicates that you haven't ticked the LSL accrual in the entitlement tab for those employees.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Advocacy1
Experienced User
47 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

47Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you, Tracey that was the problem, I have now rectified, appreciate your help with this. M

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Great to hear you go this resolved @Advocacy1 thanks for letting me know.

And you're very welcome. Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post