Long Service Leave not accruing on some employees

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JALLEN_01
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Long Service Leave not accruing on some employees

Hi,

I have 3 employees who we have been acruing LSL for the last couple of years and all has been working well.  Now I need to start accruing Long Service Leave on 2 additional employees.  I have ticked the new employees in the long service leave accural but when I run a payrun, the line is there but the accrual is not automatically calculating the accrual.  

The accrual is set up with the Calculation Basis equal to XX hours per year.  

If I change the accrual set up so that the Calculation Basis is xx hours per pay period.  The accural will appear when I run a pay run.

Note all employee are set up as salary employees.

Can anyone advise has to why this would be?

Thanks

Kathy

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Long Service Leave not accruing on some employees

Hi @JALLEN_01 

It is likely due to the fact that those employees have already received the maximum amount of entitlement for that year, likely due to an adjustment or opening balance being entered.

Basically, when you have a calculation basis set to be equals x hours per year, it checks to see if the employee has reached that number of hours this year. If so then it will no longer calculate that entitlement.

My recommendation would be to go to the employee's card>>>Payroll Detials>>Pay History (LEFT-hand side) and select Show Pay History for Year-to-Date. Do you have an amount for that entitlement? Is the amount listed the same as the Calculation basis' hours or exceeds that? If so, then it will not automatically calculate those entitlement hours.

Should that Pay history show a higher amount of hours, considering its drawing to the end of the payroll year, I would be setting that entitlement's calculation basis to be Equals x hours per year. If you do need to process a pay for those employees that do need those entitlement hours added, manually adding them to that category would be the recommendation. From the first pay in the new payroll year, it's likely going to calculate as intended for those employees with that per year calculation basis but worth just having a quick review when processing to ensure that is the case.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

JALLEN_01
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Long Service Leave not accruing on some employees

Thank you, Steven, for explaining.  You are correct, I put a adjustment through for LSL and it was greater than the calculated maximum entitlement.  I will changed the category calculation method to a fixed hrs per pay period until the new payroll year. 

Thanks again,

Kathy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post