One touch payroll and an employee who was terminated 31.10.19 and rehired 04.02.20 (same financial year)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Ele
Trusted Cover User
99 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

99Posts

19Kudos

5Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

One touch payroll and an employee who was terminated 31.10.19 and rehired 04.02.20 (same financial year)

When he was rehired I removed the termination date from his MYOB card.

Should I remove his termination dated from the One Touch ATO reporting as well.

Will he get two 'group certificates'?

According to the instructions when you put a termination date in the box it removes his records.

What else happens beind the scenes?

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: One touch payroll and an employee who was terminated 31.10.19 and rehired 04.02.20 (same financial year)

Hi @Ele 

Thanks for your post. You will need to undo the employee's EOFY finalisation in Single Touch Payroll (STP) by doing the following:

1. Go to the Payroll command centre and click Payroll Reporting.
  2. ClickPayroll Reporting Centre.
  3. Click Employee terminations.
  4. Deselect the finalised employee and remove the Employment End Date.
  5. Click Notify the ATO.
  6. Enter your name as the authorised declarer and click Send.

This help article has more information on reinstating a terminated employee:  Reinstating an employee 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ele
Trusted Cover User
99 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

99Posts

19Kudos

5Solutions

Re: One touch payroll and an employee who was terminated 31.10.19 and rehired 04.02.20 (same financial year)

Thanks for your confirmation that I need to remove the termination date in the report to the ATO.

My other questions were:-

According to the instructions when you put a termination date in the box it removes his records.

perhaps this needs to be answered by the software writer?

Ele
Trusted Cover User
99 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

99Posts

19Kudos

5Solutions

As I see it:

Employed 01.07.19 to 31.10.19

terminated 31.10.19 - terminated date put into Myob, and all year to date figures vanish

re-employed 04.02.20 to 30.06.20 year to date figures start at 04.02.20

if he only gets one 'group certificate' it will only have the 04.02.20 to 30.06.20 figures which will be in error - and the ATO wont like that.

Like I said perhaps my questions (below) need to be answered by the software writer.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Ele 

The message you receive when entering a termination date is all entitlement balances and standard pay setup will be deleted. The employee's pay history and Year-to-date (YTD) amounts are not deleted as they are required for record keeping obligations. You can view this information in the employee's card or in payroll reports.

Once an employee is reinstated new pays are added to their previous YTD amounts as normal. The employee will have one Income Statement in their myGov accounts (group certificates/payment summaries are no longer required).

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ele
Trusted Cover User
99 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

99Posts

19Kudos

5Solutions

I checked yesterdays pay slip against the computers year to date figures in the Payroll Report and it all agrees.

Thanks very much.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post