Overpayment of Wages

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
lyndelstruct
Contributing User
22 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

22Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Overpayment of Wages

Help Please. I have corrected all the payslips and the staff member has over $1000 to repay over the next few months . Tried searching for method to reclaim from current pays - thought i saw something late last year about SPending Money ? Negative Payslips are awaiting balancing so i believe i can't really just deduct funds each week ( and i can't anyway as it's an ongoing WC claim ) without being able to show it properly. I am hoping this mght be a Deduction not a Payroll category ?

Tia.

3 REPLIES 3
lyndelstruct
Contributing User
22 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

22Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

employee repayment of overpaid wages

Help Please. My previous post not had any comments to resolve

I have corrected all the payslips and the staff member has over $1000 to repay over the next few months starting THIS WEDNESDAY 

. Tried searching for method to reclaim from current pays - thought i saw something late last year about Spending Money ? Negative Payslips are awaiting balancing so i believe i can't really just deduct funds each week ( and i can't anyway as it's an ongoing WC claim ) without being able to show it properly. I am hoping this mght be a Deduction not a Payroll category ? How do i set this up in MYOB ?

Tia, LyndStruct

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Re: employee repayment of overpaid wages

Hi @lyndelstruct

Thanks for your post. Our Help Article Fixing a payroll overpayment or underpayment has information on how to record this in your software. 

If you've corrected the payslips and the employee will be returning the money, generally speaking this would be entered as a receive money. However if you're unsure on how to report this it is best to speak to your accountant or financial advisor to ensure it is reported correctly. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

lyndelstruct
Contributing User
22 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

22Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: employee repayment of overpaid wages

hi is paying in installments though so the amount won't match the negative payslip sitting there ??

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post