Payroll Categories

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Suejul
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll Categories

Hi

I am wanting some assistance in regards to a question regarding Base Salary Wage Categories.  I have phones MYOB however initial staff member was unable to answer by question and transferred me to someone higher.  However I have been on hold for over 2 hours so far.

My question is:  Are we able to have more than 1 Base Salary Wage Categories able to be assigned.  We have staff that are on salary which come under Salary - Payroll Category.  We also have staff that are commission only and are not regularly paid.  I would like to assign them Commission - Payroll Category.  Both are Pay Basis - Salary.  If I try and change the relevent wage category from Salary to Commission, a error comes up - All salaried employees must be linked to the BASE SALARY WAGE CATEGORY.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Payroll Categories

Hi @Suejul 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. Salary employees do need to have the Base Salary default payroll category selected. You could set the Annual salary as $0 in the employee card>>Payroll details tab>>wages>>Annual salary so that no amount prefills when processing commission only pays.

Then create a Commission payroll category and allocate amounts to this category when processing pays. The Help Article, Bonus and commission payments, has detailed information on setting up and processing commission payments.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post