Forum Discussion

Zoya
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Payroll period from 25th June to 1st July 2021 should counted for which financial year?

Hi,

I am using AccountRight Plus AU 2021.3.0

I am processing payroll for the period: 25th June to 1st July 2021 today, I thought, this pay should be counted for 2021-2022 financial year, but when I check the super, still was 9.5%.   not sure if this is correct?  

could anyone help ASAP.  I need to send payroll detail to employer so she can pay her employee today.

much appreciated

Zoya

• Hi Zoya 

Generally speaking, it's the payment date that determines what payroll year the pays falls in and what applicable superannuation rate should be used. As such, if that payment date falls on or before 30/06/2021 then you should be used 9.5% otherwise for pays on or after 1/07/2021 it would be 10%. 

Do check out Super guarantee rate increase 1 July 2021 for more information on this topic and how to deal with that super rate change in your software.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Zoya 

Generally speaking, it's the payment date that determines what payroll year the pays falls in and what applicable superannuation rate should be used. As such, if that payment date falls on or before 30/06/2021 then you should be used 9.5% otherwise for pays on or after 1/07/2021 it would be 10%. 

Do check out Super guarantee rate increase 1 July 2021 for more information on this topic and how to deal with that super rate change in your software.

Zoya
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Steven,

thank you for the replay, employers paroll period: from Friday to Thursday each week, therefore, this payroll fulls on 1st July 2021 (pay day is tomorrow 2nd July),  I thought super should be 10%, not sure why still showing 9.5%.

I am calling MYOB help desk, being waiting on phone for 30 minuts, still no one picking up, so frustrating.

much appreciated

Zoya

Zoya
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Steven,

I just being told by MYOB help desk that we need to manually adjust super  rates from 9.5%to 10% from 1st July until they worked out the upgrades.

this is so annoying, at least, MYOB should send email to tell us this, I spent 2hrs this morning on phone and on line.

Zoya

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Zoya 

Users would need to manually update their superannuation calculation rate percentages from 9.5% to 10%. This is intended software behaviour with this superannuation rate change. 

The following Help Article: Changing the superannuation guarantee rate, which was available on the previous post I have linked, would be able to assist with that process