Payroll reports in ATO - DO NOT MATCH MYOB

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
GPM1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll reports in ATO - DO NOT MATCH MYOB

I am trying to balance payroll like everyone- for a small compnay - I have checked the payroll activity and Payroll register all correct and balancing - My ATO verification report is so different it is alarming.  One person is showing no pay at all - I have checked all the ATO setup and it is all correct! how can this be - all my reports for the year were accepted by the ATO

Also every terminated employee is showing no wages or tax AT ALL

WAITED HOURS FOR MYOB HELP TO RETURN MY CALL - THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING - please advise when this will be fixed - or someone at MYOB will actually be available to help

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Payroll reports in ATO - DO NOT MATCH MYOB

Hi @GPM1 

Thanks for your post. If you have moved to STP Phase 2, terminated employees need to be made active and their termination dates removed prior to moving. If this wasn't done they won't be reported in Phase 2.

To fix the terminated employees you will need to make them active and remove their termination dates. Then send an update event or $0 pay with payment date as 30 June for all employees not reporting correctly. Wait until that report has been accepted and then recheck the YTD verification report.

Once the terminated employees are reporting correctly you can re-enter their termination dates and make them inactive.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

GPM1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks but none of the employees were terminated - and one employee is showing as no pay at all - yet every payroll has been accepted and processed and matches what i input in MYOB

I only did the terminations today - so why would i have to reverse them all again????? This is a mess

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @GPM1 

The YTD verification report and Summary of payments reports that are sent to the ATO when you finalise pull the YTD amounts from the employee card>>Pay history and filter by the ATO reporting categories.

If those STP reports aren't correct a good first troubleshooting step is to send an update event by processing a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June. 

You don't need to reverse the termination pays. You will need to remove the termination dates and make the cards active so that you can send the update event. 

If you send an update event, wait until that report is accepted in the Reports tab before rechecking the YTD verification report.

If terminated employees had ETP payments which are not reporting correctly, please provide detailed information so that I can assist further. For example, are the ETP values incorrect in both the YTD verification report and Summary of payments reports.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

JaneG-2
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

We didn't un-terminate terminated employees prior to moving to Phase 2 STP. I note you say that they won't be reported in phase 2. 

I am not too concerned that the STP Verification Report doesn't match the Payroll Summary Report but I am concerned that these employees payment summaries will be incorrect when they go to access them once I finalise EOFY reports. Will this be the case?

Hope you can help.

Thanks

JaneG-2

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @JaneG-2 

If you terminated employees with ETP payments in Phase 1 then moved to Phase 2 this post has information: ETP finalisations

If the termination pays didn't included ETPs you will need to remove their termination dates, make their cards active, process $0 pays with payment date as 30 June to report the correct amounts. You need to make sure the Summary of payments reports are correct before finalising as these are sent to the ATO and then to myGov accounts.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post