Payroll summary report after changing ABN

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Lena2
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll summary report after changing ABN

Hi everyone, 

I went through the process of changing the ABN for Payroll reporting. I removed YTD amounts from the employees (changed all the values to be $0.00). Now my Payroll Summary report YTD is $0.00, but there are figures for Quarters and fist Quarter is negative (-$38792) whilst 2nd is $14652, 3rd is $14632 and 4th $9508. These 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters add up to + $38792 and this does mean that YTD is $0.00, however I am confused as to why the first quarter is negative. Am I doing this correctly?

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll summary report after changing ABN

Hi @Lena2 

Thank you for your post. This is expected behavior when changing the Year-to-Date under Pay History to $0, as it is recognising that there is an amount for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters, but the YTD should be 0, so it puts the (-$amount) in the 1st quarter.

To make it shows up on your reports as $0, what you can do instead is go back to the Pay History, and choose 1st quarter on the drop-down and change all fields to $0. Save it, then do the same for 2nd/3rd/4th quarter.

I have tested this on my file and it is now showing the quarters as $0 on that report, so hope that works for you.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post