Payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
caraboo
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll

I have run a Payroll summary from Reports and also keep an excel spreadsheet as a hard copy. They both agree. However my YTD verification report is one pay amount lower (gross payment). I have checked that all 52 entries have been accepted by ATO reporting. The first payment for 20-21 was 26/6/20 to 3/7/20 , having a payment date of 4/7/20.This date means that it is counted in 20-21 year. Where is the error?

1 REPLY 1
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll

Hi @caraboo,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum ! If your Payroll activity and Payroll register reports both match in AccountRight but the YTD in Payroll reporting doesn't, this generally indicates that the issue is being caused by ATO reporting categories that have not been assigned correctly or by payroll categories that have exempted from PAYG Withholding in error. Follow these steps to find and fix the issues:

1. Run the Payroll Activity Detail report to narrow down which payroll categories are causing the problem.
  2. Check that the correct ATO reporting category has been assigned. Change the ATO reporting category as required.
  3. Check if the payroll category has been ticked exempt from PAYG in error (Payroll Categories>>open the category>>click on the Exempt button). Untick PAYG Withholding and click Ok.
  4. Once you have made the necessary changes to the payroll category, process a $0 pay to update STP.(Note; please make sure that the payment date is 30/6/21 so that this pay is updated in payroll year 20/21). 

Please do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post