Forum Discussion

Melkris
Contributing Cover User
11 months ago
Solved

Reinstating an employee

This employee is being reinstated but not in the same financial year. His card is complete and correct so do I just run payroll or does he need to self-on board for the ATO?

• Hi Melkris 

Thank you for your post.

Self - onboarding is for new employee, it's eliminates paper work and reduces your data entry to simplifies your workflow. And since this employee is being reinstated you can start processing a payroll.

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Melkris 

Thank you for your post.

Self - onboarding is for new employee, it's eliminates paper work and reduces your data entry to simplifies your workflow. And since this employee is being reinstated you can start processing a payroll.

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Melkris
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Princess,

Thanks for your response.  I did decide to go ahead and pay the employee and the ATO accepted the payment with errors.  It seems I have to have a code as follows.......Cessation Reason Code must be provided
      (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000377 and Cessation date cannot be before the Commencement Date ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000282

I took out the original cessation date  on the card file and changed the start date to the new one before running the pay.

Will he need to self-onboard again to let them know that his details have not changed since he last worked for us?

Many thanks

Melkris
      Contributing Cover User

I solved the problem yesterday.  I had missed ticking the Terminated Employee box to reinstate my employee in the reporting centre.  I have now received an Accepted notice.  Possibly need to have that small but significant step put into the MYOB help on Reinstating an Employee.  It's so easy to miss.

Many thanks,

Melkris

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Melkris 

Thank you for letting me know. It's great to hear that you had this resolved. If you need assistance in the future please don't hesitate to reach out and post again. We are more than happy to help.

Cheers, 

Princess