Repaid payroll amount by employee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
VB_3104
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Repaid payroll amount by employee

In the first payrun on the FY we processed the incorrect amount for an employee. Therefore the pay was reversed and the correct pay was recorded via STP. However when sending the bank file to the bank both pays were ticked so the employee was paid twice. One the incorrect amount and the other the correct amount. The employee realised this, notified our payroll and paid the incorrect amount back in our bank account. How do we record this reimbursement in our accounts? 

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Repaid payroll amount by employee

Hi @VB_3104 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. As the incorrect pay has already been reversed, match the reversal transaction with the repaid amount in bank feeds. If the reversal is still in the Prepare electronic payments window, tick the reversal and click on Bank file. This will move the amount to the bank account for matching.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post