Reversing and reprocessing returned super

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
payrollers
Experienced Partner
17 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

17Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Reversing and reprocessing returned super

Hello!

Previously instructions were to create a negative payroll transaction for the individual contribution amount that was returned. Then a new payroll transaction for the super amount was processed, then I would proceed to pay super for that one person.

It appears that the instructions now different? They give the impression that the "Reverse Pay Supperannuation" action will reverse the whole batch? Is that the case or could it just reverse a single contribution line that I highlight? Does anyone have any recent experience with this?

I had a batch with 216 employees and just one for $38 was returned so I dont understand why I need to reverse a batch for $222k. Previously when just one amount was returned I didn't need to reverse the whole batch. Has something changed in the backgrounnd?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

486Solutions

Re: Reversing and reprocessing returned super

Hi @payrollers 

Thank you for your post. Reversing a returned super contributions will be reversing the whole batch of payments in your Pay Super window (an individual contribution can't be reversed) instead you'll need to reverse the entire Pay Super transaction. Once the entire batch of payments are reversed you will need to process the Successfully paid contributions through the Pay Liabilities function and then you will need to process the returned super through the Pay Superannuation window again so that it can be sent and processed to their respective fund. 

This Help Article, Reversing and reprocessing superannuation payments, has the detailed instructions to assist with this.

Please let me know if you need further help I am happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post